The Missed Parallel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Missed Parallel

Happy New Year, guys! - love fu

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fumagi

Fumagi

Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) Empty
PostSubject: Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana)   Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 6:49 am

Hello there! *breaks the forum virginity*

So I have some character sketches and paintings I just want to post. >W<

Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) Jasper3

Here's a sketch of Jasper I did when Jisu was just kind of talking to me over AIM and the phone about how he looks.

Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) Eltana2

But what I really wanted to do was paint a picture of Eltana, referenced entirely on a really good picture Jisu did that she showed me, that made me really want to paint Eltana. The thing I like most about Eltana is that contrast in her skin - the brown, orangey, warm skin contrasted with the really bright, bright turquoise, and then the grey eyes and white hair... it's such a nice contrast to her earthy skintone.

Oh, and then on the same canvas:
Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) Jasper2
I did a Jasper. I got really bored with his hair. XDDDDD

(I'm just doodling around, trying to spurt out some ideas (okay that sounds wrong). I really want people to be able to use these forums, you know?)

What do you think? I mean, okay, these aren't finished at all. But like, okay, other than that. <3?
Back to top Go down
http://mat.miracosta.edu/MAT125online/1HOMEWORK/Midterm/Bates/
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana)   Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 7:50 am

Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) Eltana11
Here's the pic of Eltana I sent Fu that she based her pic off of. I actually drew this on Mike's request and I wanna thank him for asking cause I like how she turned out. Uhm, the tattoos are discolored cause this was done on OC so the skin layer went over them and I haven't gotten the chance (have been to lazy to) go back in and erase the lines of skin color. Also, here eye color is still floating around in my mind. So they're not really white like they look. They just don't have a color yet. XD
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana)   Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 7:53 am

I still think it's really good. ;__________; It inspired me so much that I actually started painting (and during Nano time, too! *slaps own wrists with a ruler, somehow*) Eltana that very night. So go Mike! :DDDD
Back to top Go down
Cam11598

Cam11598

PostSubject: Re: Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana)   Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 1:43 am

^.^ those are really good!
Back to top Go down
rz0mega

rz0mega

Location : In front of the computer....posting this sentence....

PostSubject: Nice   Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 4:43 am

Those are some awesome pic's of the characters! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/zenokidz
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana)   Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 9:47 am

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!

I've been trying hard to work my style into something more acceptable and worthy, so I've been sketching an awful lot. Here's a Jasper.

Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) Jasp

I'm not sure about his goggles. If anyone wants to take on designing them, please do.
The only thing I have possibly for Jasper's outfit is a vague image. Definitely a decent collar and buttondown, longsleeve, probably victorian neo-peasent blouse kind of look to it, and a simple vest/waistcoat. No idea for the pants, and I only have a vague image of boots in my head.

Which raises the question - how much steampunk can the Ignos be? Can I go completely victorian on them, or should I back away and just keep it more normal...? I've got an idea for Kitty, but I don't know if my hand is up to it tonight. *will test out, perhaps in another thread*
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana)   Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 4:51 am

Yay for concept art!

OK so as far as the steampunkyness of it, I say go for it! If you're gonna tone it down at all I'd say very little.

Also, just a suggestion, in this sketch, Jasper's chin looks a bit...older. Looks shorter and wider. I kinda liked it a bit longer. maybe that's just me but thought I put it out there.
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana)   Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Fumagi wrote:

I've been trying hard to work my style into something more acceptable and worthy, so I've been sketching an awful lot. Here's a Jasper.

Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) Jasp

I'm not sure about his goggles. If anyone wants to take on designing them, please do.
The only thing I have possibly for Jasper's outfit is a vague image. Definitely a decent collar and buttondown, longsleeve, probably victorian neo-peasent blouse kind of look to it, and a simple vest/waistcoat. No idea for the pants, and I only have a vague image of boots in my head.

Which raises the question - how much steampunk can the Ignos be? Can I go completely victorian on them, or should I back away and just keep it more normal...? I've got an idea for Kitty, but I don't know if my hand is up to it tonight. *will test out, perhaps in another thread*

Well, you can be steampunky, but with the ignocians, especially the poorer slum district people, maybe they could be a bit more raggedy, ya know? I like the goggles idea, as I just posted in the Korin design thread, but if they seem to be too tedious to you, it will be fine. Pants could be jeansy. something that wouldn't be too hard to get from the cheap stores. Now, we decided that Jasper worked in the factory, right?? He could have a uniform, but not the prettiest of uniforms, maybe some overalls because of said factory work. Oh, damn.. are you gonna have to change up clothes when he gets drafted and has military uniform?? =/

I mean, it would fit but the Ignocian army might be outfitted with clothes that make everyone look alike...

umm, jeans can be replaced with what fits. xD;;
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana)   Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 9:48 pm

Ismael the Monk wrote:
Fumagi wrote:

https://2img.net/h/i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg383/missed_parallel/concept%20art/jasp.jpg

Well, you can be steampunky, but with the ignocians, especially the poorer slum district people, maybe they could be a bit more raggedy, ya know? I like the goggles idea, as I just posted in the Korin design thread, but if they seem to be too tedious to you, it will be fine. Pants could be jeansy. something that wouldn't be too hard to get from the cheap stores. Now, we decided that Jasper worked in the factory, right?? He could have a uniform, but not the prettiest of uniforms, maybe some overalls because of said factory work. Oh, damn.. are you gonna have to change up clothes when he gets drafted and has military uniform?? =/

I mean, it would fit but the Ignocian army might be outfitted with clothes that make everyone look alike...

umm, jeans can be replaced with what fits. xD;;

Yeah, I'm going to tell you right now that while Levi Strauss was making a killing selling his jeans to miners in 1849 California, they are very rarely thought of as Victorian decor. Men of serious poverty that had to work hard would wear them.
Overalls are not Victorian decor. :< If you want me to go with them, I can, but he will not look steampunky with them on - he'll look like a farmer with goggles because of convention and because of the fact that this is likely to be in b+w for a while. (Seriously, please do not expect me to have to do that art AND inking AND color. I'll get burnt out. I'm liable to get burnt out anyway, but so's the show.) He'll wear his uniform over his clothes, and I have a good (if vague) idea about that too. Thing is he probably is going to have to ditch that when they go sneaking in Liberatian territory - it's one thing if it's a Ignacian, it's another if it's a /soldier/.)

I'm thinking trousers - hoping Ko can help me there. If you're die-hard for the overalls I'll need to talk to you about that and see what you're thinking of. Yes, the man is a mechanic - yes, /modern-day/ mechanics have a tendancy to wear overalls. I'm not sure about the victorian age of it, and if we stray far from that I can fling the steampunk design out the window and just, well, I dunno, ask for opinions as to how people will look.
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana)   Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 9:13 am

I'm not to into the jean idea. I agree it doesn't fit the time period. His clothes should look ratty, but not jeans...
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana)   Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 12:51 pm

EcroXineoph wrote:
I'm not to into the jean idea. I agree it doesn't fit the time period. His clothes should look ratty, but not jeans...

'Swhat I'm thinking.
Truthfully, jeans and overalls do fit some things - both were used during the victorian era by lower-class people to do jobs of hard labor.
However, the problem is that /now/, jeans have adapted to fit a certain meaning. Overalls too, but I've already mentioned that.
In the same vein, if I drew a swastika (a proper one) and said that I was referring to the Buddhist meaning of it, people are not going to just get that off hand. They'll see the familiar symbol and think Nazi's, Hitler, and Holocaust.

Jeans mean informal, casual, not-at-the-work-place. They are lower class, but in a way have become a subtle way of enjoying style.

I'm not saying no to anything. I'm just pointing this out. I wonder how my tone is? I'm sorry if I'm being snappish.
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana)   Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 5:11 am

Fumagi wrote:
EcroXineoph wrote:

'Swhat I'm thinking.
Truthfully, jeans and overalls do fit some things - both were used during the victorian era by lower-class people to do jobs of hard labor.
However, the problem is that /now/, jeans have adapted to fit a certain meaning. Overalls too, but I've already mentioned that.
In the same vein, if I drew a swastika (a proper one) and said that I was referring to the Buddhist meaning of it, people are not going to just get that off hand. They'll see the familiar symbol and think Nazi's, Hitler, and Holocaust.

Jeans mean informal, casual, not-at-the-work-place. They are lower class, but in a way have become a subtle way of enjoying style.

I'm not saying no to anything. I'm just pointing this out. I wonder how my tone is? I'm sorry if I'm being snappish.

Oh, no problem, fu! I can see what you are getting at, and I'm glad you have more knowledge of what people would wear back in those times. Almost as glad as being nice to know you're thinking of what kind of image these clothes would convey. You aren't being snappish, you're being informative. =D

But yeah, you're the artist, and honestly, what's easier for you to do and what you like to do is what we should go with. Just as long as you aren't overloaded being one of the only artists here. =/

Umm, I still vote for goggles, though. Just kinda seems like it would fit either Korin or Jasper for me.
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana)   Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 2:49 am

=========== AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT=======

Kitty concepts, from Fu. Posted with her permission. =D

Note, these aren't final, and she might change it up a bit due to tastes.

Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) Kitty2
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana)   Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 4:17 am

Awwwwww! She's SO cute! >w<
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana)   Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 7:15 pm

EcroXineoph wrote:

Yup. btw Fu doesn't think she can draw kids. I think this proves that wrong. Razz
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana)   Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:16 am

Ismael the Monk wrote:
EcroXineoph wrote:

Yup. btw Fu doesn't think she can draw kids. I think this proves that wrong. Razz

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana)   Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 6:41 am

Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) LGRsD

I know this thing is like so defunct (and my doodle is shitty) but I wanted a break from forever studying, never not studying.

/flees
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana)   Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana) Empty

Back to top Go down

Fu has some character sketches/paintings! (Jasper, Eltana)
Page 1 of 1