The Missed Parallel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Missed Parallel

Happy New Year, guys! - love fu

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions

Go down 
5 posters

What colours do you think would be good for the forum? (you can pick more than one, but please no more than four)
Red
Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions Vote10%Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions Vote1
 0% [ 0 ]
Orange
Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions Vote10%Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions Vote1
 0% [ 0 ]
Yellow
 0% [ 0 ]
Green
Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions Vote120%Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions Vote1
 20% [ 3 ]
Blue
Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions Vote113%Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions Vote1
 13% [ 2 ]
Indigo
Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions Vote17%Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions Vote1
 7% [ 1 ]
Violet
 0% [ 0 ]
Brown
Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions Vote17%Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions Vote1
 7% [ 1 ]
White
 0% [ 0 ]
Black
 7% [ 1 ]
Pink
 0% [ 0 ]
Coral
 0% [ 0 ]
Grey
Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions Vote113%Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions Vote1
 13% [ 2 ]
Rust
Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions Vote120%Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions Vote1
 20% [ 3 ]
Beige
 13% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Fumagi

Fumagi

Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions Empty
PostSubject: Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions   Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 7:47 am

Okay! So I've basically been figuring out how to work things on Forumotion, and I figured out the layout and how to change it and such, which naturally made me feel pretty pleased.

But then I ran across a bit of a problem.
I have no idea what the layout should actually look like. I don't know what symbols would be good, I don't know what smilies people want, what colours...

So I decided to make this thread! Please post in it your opinions on what would look good. :>>>

Also, a poll, for the colour scheme.
Back to top Go down
http://mat.miracosta.edu/MAT125online/1HOMEWORK/Midterm/Bates/
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions   Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 7:59 am

I'm thinking green/blue/purple for the spt. (my lazy abbreviation for the spirituals) and then the rust (or maybe like....a bronze?) for the SP (again lazy speak for steampunk).

I dunno what smilies. These are decent but a bit small for me. Maybe just slightly larger ones?
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions   Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 8:29 am

Hummmmm. :<

You mean, all those colours for the forum design? >WWW< Hmmmm. *thinking about ways to implement* I'm thinking it's much to bright right now, myself. I'm definitely going to make the background darker. Also holy crap /yay/, I just found that you can use CSS in making the website! Yaaaaaaaaay. Thank you Uhlik for teaching me CSS. :DDDDDDDDDDD
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions   Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 8:33 am

Yay! (I don't know what this is but yay!)
And yeah, those colors for the web page. I agree that it needs to be darker too.
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions   Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 8:34 am

I was going to just change it back to that other thing, that midnight thing, but I was afraid that the whole thing would get all messed up again XDDDDDDD yeaaaah, I don't want that to happen again. (It was like, not black at all?? XDDDDDDDDDD)
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions   Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 8:42 am

Yeah that was weird.

So, question. How hard would it be to make a layout like that but like, with cogs or spirits or something? Way too hard?
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions   Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 9:14 am

No, and that's what I mean when I say I need symbol and layout ideas - if anyone has any ideas what they'd like to see for like, the banner, the colours, the symbolic stuff, anything - I can probably implement it. :DDDD I just need help with ideas.
Back to top Go down
Nyozeka ko

Nyozeka ko

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions   Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 11:28 pm

I volentold myself for the help with the Fu and the pretties (aka: banners). Also, I believe that the colors of this place should indeed be darker. =3
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions   Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 5:18 am

Yayyyyy I'll have halp. I'll need it too, I mean. I know how to code and make things and stuff, but there is a lot of stuff to do. ;_;

Also yes. What do you guys think for a background colour? I'd personally love a dark grey, it's easy on the eyes.
Back to top Go down
Cam11598

Cam11598

PostSubject: Deffenitly   Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 5:40 am

deffinitly darker like gray, charcol, black & then a broght color
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions   Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 5:57 am

Hmmm for the back ground...yeah something rather neutral. Maybe a dark brown?
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions   Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 6:20 am

.... I vote for spiritual style-y colors. =D

*goes back to playing OoT*

... there's NO connection, I swear.

<_< >_>
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions   Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 3:25 am

Sooo, not to be rushin' ya, Fu, but when you thinking of editing this place?
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions   Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 4:47 am

EcroXineoph wrote:

Burn the heathen!!! Rushing the work of a GOD how dareth thou protest!?
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions   Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 7:30 am

EcroXineoph wrote:
Soon, friend. Soon.
I'm actually fiddling with something right now... I think in a few days I'll have some stuff to upload. :>
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions   Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 2:04 am

Yaaay!
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions   Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 1:39 pm

Notes to myself:

-Change Emotiocons,
-Fix Banner,
-Brighten the "Old" links

Okay, guys. Other than that, I need to know.
I personally do not think this is too dark, I like how dark it is. But me liking dark things has been a problem with other things in the past, and it's really easy to lighten stuff up if need be. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions   Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 8:12 am

Fumagi wrote:
EcroXineoph wrote:
Soon, friend. Soon.
I'm actually fiddling with something right now... I think in a few days I'll have some stuff to upload. :>

HOLY CRAP YOU DID AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions   Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions Empty

Back to top Go down

Regarding the look of the forum! Needing opinions
Page 1 of 1