The Missed Parallel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Missed Parallel

Happy New Year, guys! - love fu

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Request for some landscapes?

Go down 
+3
rz0mega
Nyozeka ko
EcroXineoph
7 posters
AuthorMessage
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

Request for some landscapes? Empty
PostSubject: Request for some landscapes?   Request for some landscapes? EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 7:36 am

So, anyone brave enough to try some landscapes? I was thinking maybe a view of the SP city and then also like, a little tribal spt setting with like,a fire and huts and trees or whatever.

Anyone who's game, go for it.
Back to top Go down
Nyozeka ko

Nyozeka ko

PostSubject: Re: Request for some landscapes?   Request for some landscapes? EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 6:29 pm

if I weren't so shitty at said things, I would totally go for it. But seeing as how my strength in background lay within writing...well you see where I'm going with that don't you? XDD I'll stick to mah character design.
Back to top Go down
rz0mega

rz0mega

Location : In front of the computer....posting this sentence....

PostSubject: Ehh...   Request for some landscapes? EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 2:37 am

I could probubly take a wack at that idea...im not sure if it will be great,but i'll do my best!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/zenokidz
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: Request for some landscapes?   Request for some landscapes? EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 3:11 am

Landscape...Sounds fun. In a way. I'll try it.
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Request for some landscapes?   Request for some landscapes? EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 3:25 am

Yobun wrote:
Landscape...Sounds fun. In a way. I'll try it.

rz0mega wrote:
I could probubly take a wack at that idea...im not sure if it will be great,but i'll do my best!

You guys both rule. Thanks for trying! Hope it goes well!
Back to top Go down
Nyozeka ko

Nyozeka ko

PostSubject: Re: Request for some landscapes?   Request for some landscapes? EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 3:37 am

Just remember the one thumb of art:

If you don't love it, it's probably awesome. XD Trust me, this is how it always is.
Back to top Go down
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: Request for some landscapes?   Request for some landscapes? EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 3:45 am

Thanks for the advice.I'm also going to make some sketchs for the steam mechs, which reminds me...How big should they be or will there be any mechs at all?
Back to top Go down
Kyur

Kyur

PostSubject: Re: Request for some landscapes?   Request for some landscapes? EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 3:56 am

I can try my hand at some bg, but gtg mom is kicking meh off bye!
Back to top Go down
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: Request for some landscapes?   Request for some landscapes? EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 3:59 am

Cool, I have to get off too but I'll work of some ideas and scan when I have something. Til tomarrow I guess. Ta Ta. Arrow
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Request for some landscapes?   Request for some landscapes? EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 4:17 am

Yobun wrote:
Thanks for the advice.I'm also going to make some sketches for the steam mechs, which reminds me...How big should they be or will there be any mechs at all?

Well, this is something we haven't really discussed since that first night. But uh, as it stands right now, we'll have mini mechs. More just...exo-skeleton things. Like, extended/stronger arms and legs. Kinda armory too. But not too big, like...steamwalkers from Fly. And for you not fly people....they're about as tall as...well, I'll say about 10 ft. Does that sound right my fellow Flyers?
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: Request for some landscapes?   Request for some landscapes? EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 9:25 am

Trying to inject some life into this poor thread! (No one has posted in it for over a month...)

Request for some landscapes? Bite-sizedlotfe

This is the border between the grassy holy lands and the forest of Libracia. >W<
Back to top Go down
http://mat.miracosta.edu/MAT125online/1HOMEWORK/Midterm/Bates/
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: Request for some landscapes?   Request for some landscapes? EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 6:44 pm

Fumagi wrote:
Trying to inject some life into this poor thread! (No one has posted in it for over a month...)

Request for some landscapes? Bite-sizedlotfe

This is the border between the grassy holy lands and the forest of Libracia. >W<

Sorry!!! seeing as I've basically whore'd all the rest of the threads, i seem to have overlooked this one! But eh, i'll try my hand at some Ignocian backdrops. I had an idea of what I wanted the main city to look like, (this was where I told you guys about City of Embers) so I'll draw those ideas!
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: Request for some landscapes?   Request for some landscapes? EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 9:39 pm

Ismael the Monk wrote:
Fumagi wrote:

https://2img.net/h/i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg383/missed_parallel/concept%20art/bite-sizedlotfe.jpg

Sorry!!! seeing as I've basically whore'd all the rest of the threads, i seem to have overlooked this one! But eh, i'll try my hand at some Ignocian backdrops. I had an idea of what I wanted the main city to look like, (this was where I told you guys about City of Embers) so I'll draw those ideas!
Wait, but you never actually told us about City of Embers. :O

... er unless you told Jisu and I just wasn't there? :O
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Request for some landscapes?   Request for some landscapes? EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 9:05 am

Fumagi wrote:
Ismael the Monk wrote:
Fumagi wrote:

https://2img.net/h/i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg383/missed_parallel/concept%20art/bite-sizedlotfe.jpg

He just mentioned it in a text.
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: Request for some landscapes?   Request for some landscapes? EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 12:46 pm

EcroXineoph wrote:
Fumagi wrote:
Ismael the Monk wrote:
Fumagi wrote:

asdfghh
Okay. XD 'Twould explain why I'm like: uhhhhhhh was I not paying attention or did I miss the memo or something
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Request for some landscapes?   Request for some landscapes? EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 9:14 am

Fumagi wrote:
EcroXineoph wrote:
Fumagi wrote:
Ismael the Monk wrote:
Fumagi wrote:

asdfghh
Okay. XD 'Twould explain why I'm like: uhhhhhhh was I not paying attention or did I miss the memo or something
Yeah, nope. But seriously, it was just a mention. I know as much as you do. He just said he had a visual. I haven't seen it yet or anything.
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: Request for some landscapes?   Request for some landscapes? EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 10:54 am

EcroXineoph wrote:
Fumagi wrote:
EcroXineoph wrote:
Fumagi wrote:
Ismael the Monk wrote:
Fumagi wrote:

https://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg383/missed_parallel/concept art/bite-sizedlotfe.jpg

asdfghh
Yeah, nope. But seriously, it was just a mention. I know as much as you do. He just said he had a visual. I haven't seen it yet or anything.

.... *SHAKES FIST*
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: Request for some landscapes?   Request for some landscapes? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 5:18 am

Yeaaaaaaah... Umm, I'd say go look it up online, cause I lack both the funds and the theftiness to show you City of Embers. I'm gonna try to get screenshots of certain aspects of the town.

Apparently, it was a book and it's a long series of books. So yeah, yay for more movies in the future.
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Request for some landscapes?   Request for some landscapes? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 9:43 pm

OK! Time for a mini rant!

So it's ok for you to take inspiration from city of Embers but it's not ok for me to take inspiration from Pocahontas!?!?!?
Double standard much!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: Request for some landscapes?   Request for some landscapes? EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 6:50 am

EcroXineoph wrote:
OK! Time for a mini rant!

So it's ok for you to take inspiration from city of Embers but it's not ok for me to take inspiration from Pocahontas!?!?!?
Double standard much!?!?!

Well, I only take inspiration from City of Embers because I have no aforementioned knowledge OF steampunk society, so I find it hard to believe myself when I say This is what it should look like when I refer to an Ignocian city/landscape. This being said, I use City of Embers because from what I've heard you guys rant about it, it seemed like a steampunk society. That, and Josh said it was pretty steampunky, so I use that to see what the hell it would be. xD;

As opposed to your Pocahontas-ness, which I just find to be a fetish. xD;; Would you like to have the Libracian people take ideas from Pocahontas (aka indian society), or do you want them to literally BECOME indians? I mean, it fits because that's mostly where we got the idea from, the whole clash of two societies that believe the other is black while they're white, and we have this heroine and hero stop the fighting. But we shouldn't just make it so close to them, ya know? I really like your input, jisu, don't get me wrong. A lot of it wouldn't be developed had it not been for your writing and ideas. (STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN :< )

but I feel you get too much from Pocahontas. which isn't bad. I mean, lesbian indians. what's so bad about that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Request for some landscapes?   Request for some landscapes? Empty

Back to top Go down

Request for some landscapes?
Page 1 of 1