The Missed Parallel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Missed Parallel

Happy New Year, guys! - love fu

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So what about clothes?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Yobun

Yobun

So what about clothes? Empty
PostSubject: So what about clothes?   So what about clothes? EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 5:22 am

It occured to me, when I was remembering the opening sketches of the comic, that although the character themselves are become materialized, our character are now entering the world with nothing but their knickers and the lines of code that make up this lovely forum to cover themselves with. This leaves the question: What are these character wearing? It may not have been a huge concern so far but after posting this, the idea is bound to pick up speed and snowball into a carniverous pack of starved Psyco-Hamsters that will soon start picking us off in the woods, devour us slowly into their small digestive tracks, all while singing a Take On Me(By A-ha) and using your phone to Rick Roll people on your contact list.
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: So what about clothes?   So what about clothes? EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 7:18 am

Working off of the idea that the Ignos/Ignacians were really the Steampunks, I was envisioning them with Steampunk-esce clothing. Nothing high-victorian in fashion, but definitely with that steampunk flair.

And that's where my ideas stop. This is a necessary thread! XD I'll think about it a bit more and respond tout de suite.
Back to top Go down
http://mat.miracosta.edu/MAT125online/1HOMEWORK/Midterm/Bates/
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: So what about clothes?   So what about clothes? EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 9:10 am

I'm afraid of hamsters now...

Aaaanyway. After recovering from hamster-ball induced laughing fit, I have input...maybe.
I agree completely about the Victorian era clothing for the Ignos. (Plus, KISS! XD) As far as the Liberaceans, this is where I think our view will differ greatly. I had always envisioned them in kind of tribal...animal skin type things. No surprise when I say think Pocahontas. However, I think Ko had mentioned that her early ideas had Liberaceans in Greco-roman toga thingys. So like I said, there's a wide variety of ideas. Personally Imma vote for the Pocahontas inspired animal pelt like idea but we need to hear from others as well as consider practicality and technical stuff like that too. Like, (FOR EXAMPLE) if we decide to say the Liberaceans can make stuff with a loom (i.e they're making blankets) then they may be a bit past animal pelts but like I said, it needs discussion. Which is what this forum is for! Yaaaaaaay!
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: So what about clothes?   So what about clothes? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 5:25 am

EcroXineoph wrote:
I'm afraid of hamsters now...

Aaaanyway. After recovering from hamster-ball induced laughing fit, I have input...maybe.
I agree completely about the Victorian era clothing for the Ignos. (Plus, KISS! XD) As far as the Liberaceans, this is where I think our view will differ greatly. I had always envisioned them in kind of tribal...animal skin type things. No surprise when I say think Pocahontas. However, I think Ko had mentioned that her early ideas had Liberaceans in Greco-roman toga thingys. So like I said, there's a wide variety of ideas. Personally Imma vote for the Pocahontas inspired animal pelt like idea but we need to hear from others as well as consider practicality and technical stuff like that too. Like, (FOR EXAMPLE) if we decide to say the Liberaceans can make stuff with a loom (i.e they're making blankets) then they may be a bit past animal pelts but like I said, it needs discussion. Which is what this forum is for! Yaaaaaaay!

Geez, you and your Pocahontas. >_<;;

Hmm.... I'd like to go towards greco-roman. But man, whenever a good strong wind hits, you know what's gonna go up. xD;; and while pelts seem logical, let's STRAY AWAY FROM MAKING LIBRACIANS INDIANS. xD

Excuse me, Native-Americans.

Well, i'm not a person that buys clothes very often, nor have I ever recalled facts about history that concerned clothing, so I'm not sure where I can help with ideas for clothing. I do have idea for battle armor, though, which would entail the reanimation of animals and trees loyal to the Libracians. Still, that's a little indian.
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: So what about clothes?   So what about clothes? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 9:41 pm

OK yes I am looking strongly (maybe a little too much so) to Pocahontas for Liberacean inspiration but realistically, look at where their civilization is, how advanced they are then think of other similar civilizations at that level of development. They wouldn't have greco-roman clothing. Even if you want to ignore Native Americans and look at...Incas...or...ANY early hunting-farming type of civilization (which is basically the level they're at. Maybe a bit further but not much.) they wear similar clothing. Animal pelts turning into Pocahontas like wear.

As far as armor, I'm not sure exactly how much armor they'd use. The Ignos, yes, the Liberaceans, I dunno. Maybe just (for example) a breast plate of bones or something very basic.
Back to top Go down
Fumagi

Fumagi

PostSubject: Re: So what about clothes?   So what about clothes? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 8:42 am

EcroXineoph wrote:
OK yes I am looking strongly (maybe a little too much so) to Pocahontas for Liberacean inspiration but realistically, look at where their civilization is, how advanced they are then think of other similar civilizations at that level of development. They wouldn't have greco-roman clothing. Even if you want to ignore Native Americans and look at...Incas...or...ANY early hunting-farming type of civilization (which is basically the level they're at. Maybe a bit further but not much.) they wear similar clothing. Animal pelts turning into Pocahontas like wear.

As far as armor, I'm not sure exactly how much armor they'd use. The Ignos, yes, the Liberaceans, I dunno. Maybe just (for example) a breast plate of bones or something very basic.

If I may?
The Celts did not wear pelts. They had a very similar way of living to all other indigenous peoples of the earth at that time period because they were primarily hunter-farmers. However, the Celts had looms and wore tunics or large cloaks made of woven cotton.
Another example - the Gauls, who lived in a similar fashion, wore tunics and breeches also of woven fabric. Germanic tribes occasionally wore pelts, but they were tailored into clothing because of the weather and to show their rank. (Better tailoring, more form fitting = aristocrat.)

The only differences between these peoples and the other native peoples on other continents is that these peoples invented looms and woven fabrics, and in such way decorated themselves instead with something more warm and pliable to be able to become formfitting and such.

Just my $.02.
Back to top Go down
http://mat.miracosta.edu/MAT125online/1HOMEWORK/Midterm/Bates/
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: So what about clothes?   So what about clothes? EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 6:52 am

Fumagi wrote:
EcroXineoph wrote:

If I may?
The Celts did not wear pelts. They had a very similar way of living to all other indigenous peoples of the earth at that time period because they were primarily hunter-farmers. However, the Celts had looms and wore tunics or large cloaks made of woven cotton.
Another example - the Gauls, who lived in a similar fashion, wore tunics and breeches also of woven fabric. Germanic tribes occasionally wore pelts, but they were tailored into clothing because of the weather and to show their rank. (Better tailoring, more form fitting = aristocrat.)

The only differences between these peoples and the other native peoples on other continents is that these peoples invented looms and woven fabrics, and in such way decorated themselves instead with something more warm and pliable to be able to become formfitting and such.

Just my $.02.

You mean MYYYYY two cents. *steals wallet and money*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what about clothes?   So what about clothes? Empty

Back to top Go down

So what about clothes?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Missed Parallel :: PMS (lol) :: Concept Art-
Jump to: