The Missed Parallel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Missed Parallel

Happy New Year, guys! - love fu

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. Empty
PostSubject: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 5:19 am

Ok, sorry to clog up this forum with yet another RP. Tynan and I just don't really have anywhere else we can do these. I hope no one minds.

Anyway, Mass Effect! FTW! Like ^^^ says, if you played the game or did enough extranet research (here's a hint: Don't know what extranet is? You haven't done enough research!) and feel so inclined, go ahead and pop in. I guess you may wanna give us a heads up first so we can think up a way to intergate you with the plot we have in mind.

Other than that, if you're just reading, I'm sorry. In advance. XDDDD And enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I'm kinda assuming you guys (Ty and Andy) want me to start? *grumbles about always having to start RPs*
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 10:56 am

Just a note!

Ok, quick preface before I get this thing started. (And I hate to say it like this but I am kinda largely directing this at Cam.) This RP WILL BE DONE IN PROPER ENGLISH! What this means is no talking like this:

*walks to table* Hmmmm, apple or banana?

It will be written like this:

She walked to the table, looking at the fruit bowl in the middle. "Hmmmm, apple or banana?" she thought out loud.

So basically, it should look like a book. Like something you read in English. Also, just to keep it simple, we will be working in the past tense, not present. One final note, NO GOD MODING!

And with that, I guess I'll be the first post...as usual. Y'all can expect it to be up...hmmm maybe sometime on Monday. Also, Cam, no joining in till we've confirmed you have enough knowlage. As to the order, uh...Me, Ty, Andy. Just to keep it simple.
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:06 am

Three hours. That’s all the longer it had been. Three hours ago, she had just been waking up. It was the start of another normal day in the subterranean human colony on Ontarom. The 528-year old asari matron would be tending to the gardens right now, watering them, performing routine checks on the solar lamps, trimming the plants and harvesting any ripened fruits, vegetables, or herbs.

Instead, she was pinned down inside her small, three room house, with three batarian pirates outside her front door, all very angry and very armed. The weapons were explained well enough by their nature; they were pirates, raiders, slavers, they had to be well armed. Their anger, however, was due to a much more recent development.

Originally, there had been four batarians attacking the asari. However, one of their number now lie on the ground just inside the woman’s home. He had been the first to charge in and had been met with a powerful biotic warp hurled by the asari inhabitant. It had hit him square in the gut, tearing through his armor with the same ease it tore through his flesh. The powerful mass effect field created by the warp spun and shredded, biting at his insides in a devastating manner. It left the batarian in much a similar state as if he had been attacked by a firaxon shark of the asari’s home world of Thessia, a huge, vicious predator which all asari had to hunt as part of sort of coming of age ceremony.

Needless to say, seeing their companion dead on the floor with his insides literally torn from him was the cause of the three pirate’s rage. However, the warp had been a simple reaction by the asari. Now that she was alerted, much worse was in store for the remaining batarians. She had managed to snatch her pistol from under her bed and was now taking cover just inside her room. She peered around the corner but had to quickly pull her head back as a burst of assault rifle fire flew past her. Now she waited. It had been over a century, but her training was still as strongly ingrained in her as the day she had become an asari commando. With patience and the right application of biotics and fire power, her attackers would soon be joining their friend on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 7:31 am

"Well, this is a spot of bad luck, ain't it?" Joked a human, who ran through the cramped services quarters of the research facility, which by the way weren't the most welcoming of place with metal slug passing you at unseen speeds. And to think he every thought to join the Alliance military. Instead, he joined a engineering union just like old pops back home. Thinking about it now, he probably picked the right choice but the possibility of being shot wasn't a plus to the living on the edges of Citadel space, with nothing but the damn supplies shipments to bring something he could tinker with. A bullet shot pass his ear roaring with a distinctive cracking of air.

Thankfully, Evan pushed through the tight corridor on Cryo-Cooling pipes which no doubt he would have to fix later... That is if he was going to live through this attack. Anyway, Evan was free to move through the, still, well-lit hallways. But this freedom of movement, didn't help much on account of the batarians shooting as they attempted to pursue him through the service hall, though it looked as though they were fairing to well. This gave him an idea. If they wanted to play with guns, he was going to shoot back.

Raising his arm to a mid chest height, he slapped his wrist and a orange, translucent gauntlet looking holographic interface popped up. Taking cover to the side of the wall that that looking into the hall where the raiders seemed to get every closer. Evan cycled through the programs to until a system error came up which read, 'Authorization needed to access this programs. Enter Alliance Military or Citadel Civilian Code.' Damnit. What the hell? You need my code now, of all times. Fine! Frantically, with the knowledge of his attackers making their way through the cramped tunnel, Evan began to remember the code he was given. C78yHO61. Finally, with the code entered, an jolly tone chimed along with yet another window with 'Access Granted, Colonist Evan O'Brian.'

Now with the more malicious of his tech abilities opened to use, Evan cycled to an Overload command. All he needed left was to target and execute. Quickly, he peered around the corner and found the Cryo-Cooling pipes, he was having trouble earlier. Suddenly, the pipe regulator exploded releasing a white cloud of nitrogen vapor flowed out ferociously sprayed across the batarian who was caught in the stream,. Although not out of harms way yet, he still felt elated about his first counter-attack against his attackers.
Back to top Go down
Kyur

Kyur

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 7:19 am

"Well this is going poorly," Kolmer said to himself, a habit that helped himself through the long nights of a salarian insomniac. The batarian thugs with their backs to the doorway to the wild life lab were waiting for the scientist to slip up and have a clear shot.

So far the cow with the unexplainable talent to siphon credits was the only organic causality so far, and Kolmer did not plan to be the next. Reaching for a knife with a incredibly sharp blade, He started to focus his mind on a half way point between him and the raiders. His plan to make a miniature mass relay for the knife to pass by should, in theory, work, if the mass effect field is strong enough.

The mass effect was maid and started working a little to well. The warp was one of the most powerful he had ever made, he could see the miscellaneous lab gear get sucked in, torn apart, and compressed all in one fraction of a second. The knife was cast towards the fading warp and shot around the pull and slung by the momentum towards one of the batatrians beyond the wall. There was the sound of nothing as knife pierced the wall and the brute fell to the ground with a death rattle as blood began to pool by his corpse.

"Wow, that worked a good bit better then planed," he smiled. "But there is still the other hostile that needed to be dispatched."

Last edited by Kyur on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *Whoops, forgot spacing.*)
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 5:36 am

Finally fed up with the lack of action, one of the assaulting batarians rushed into the small living chambers only to meat the same fate as his companion as another powerful warp found its home inside the batarian's torso, shredding and tearing from the inside out.

The final batarian gave an enraged yell, and began unloading his assault rifle in the general direction of the pinned down asari. Most of the bullets missed their mark or were blocked by the walls of the bunker style house. However, as the middle aged asari took cover behind the wall, one of the bullets found a weak spot in the wall and sunk into the soft tissue of her upper arm. She winced having been trained better than to cry aloud. Part of commando training involved conditioning the body to resist pain and while that training would never truly leave her, over a hundred years of not being in a combat situation had indeed softened her. She shut her eyes tight, forcing the pain down to a manageable level.

When she opened them again, a cold resolve could be seen in them. She conjured a biotic barrier before poking her head and arms around the corner. Several bullets zipped past her and a few sunk into her barrier but she ignored them even as she felt her power begin to drain and her shields fade. Instead, she focused her attention on the batarian, leveled her pistol, and planted one bullet directly in the center the batarian's four eyes.

She took a moment to ensure all three batarians were in fact dead before finally turning her attention to the wound on her arm. The bullet had gone straight through and had missed all bone and blood vessels which was very good. She went to her bed, tore a bit of her sheet and wrapped it tightly around the wound, applying a medi-gel to ease the pain now that her adrenaline was fading. Next, she opened up the chest that resided at the foot of her bed. Inside was her asari commando battle hard-shell along with her assault rifle, shotgun, and sniper rifle.

She sighed. It had been a long time since she wore that armor. She had had a good reason to retire it so many decades ago and she begrudged the fact that it had to once again be used. However, she knew that this batarian attack had to be stopped and so she dawned the hard-shell and attached the weapons pack to her back before making her way out of the ruined shelter that had been her home for many years. With her assault rifle drawn, she cautious made her way toward the main research facility, taking down any raiders she met on her way.
Back to top Go down
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:24 am

The sound of gunshots resonated through the facility and ran through into his bones. It was still painful to hear and still painful to feel slamming against his ear drums. Unfortunately, he couldn't cover his ears. No, if he did that he could hear if there was a batarian around the corner or if one of the various facility warnings happen to go off. He highly doubted that any of the other engineers were still alive. Hell, he wasn't doing that well either. Maybe if he got to the hanger, he could hijack one of the pirate frigates. Oh, who was he kidding? He couldn't truly believe he could take on the many pirates that were bound to be waiting. 'Shit and I don't have anything to defend myself. Fuck.' He thought remembering leaving his weapon in his quarters when he snuck off into the vents when the attack started.

He made his way down the halls, checking the corners and proceeding closer to the control room. If there was anything he could use in this entire facility, it was accessible through the control interface. Though, couldn't wait to find out that the control room was filled with raiders. Therefore, instead of simply charging in unaware, he stopped at a corner and to access a remote terminal through his Omni-Tool and a busted wall panel with its wires exposed. His hand slipped through the bundle of wires just enough until he gripped and pulled them loose of their bounds, for easier access. Evan fumbled through the various wires, always waiting for one of the batarians to come out of one of the corner. Evan pulled out one of his hacking discs, attached it to the wire bundle. Shortly after, Evan peered down at his Omni-tool's orange hologram interface and began to access video feeds on the hanger and control room, being the only places he wanted. By the looks on the video, he was out numbered and obviously out-gunned. Thankfully, most of them didn't know their way around anything electronic, at least not that well. However, they still had guns. That problem couldn’t be over looked. On the plus side, the control room was void of any raiders, so making his way there was the only plan he had.

It was around this time, while he was leaning against the wall and peering around the corner, that a figure came through a door that lead to the Green Work Facility. 'Was she a solider? Is she an asari commando? There was actually one here. But who?' As she made her way forward toward Evan, he opened his mouth and spoke in a voice just louder than a whisper. "Hey. Asari! Over here."
Back to top Go down
Kyur

Kyur

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 7:17 am

The renaming raider called for backup via a microscopic chip in the ear. Two more batarians filled the area that the other one possessed.

"Very counter productive... This may call for some-" A shot wizzed past his head. Just then had he realized that his head was sticking out above from the cover.

The raiders were becoming impatient as the time of the stalemate wore on. One of the younger ones got fed up with all the waiting and rushed out screaming, gun blazing. The poor kid never knew what hit him as an over load struck him in the mouth blowing off his jaw. He screamed until he bled to death on the floor. The blast caused the structural integrity of the wall begin to fail.

"A well placed shot could cause the wall to crumble. But how to do that..." The question lingered in his mind until he devised his plan. he grabbed a piece of sheet metal and, with all of his salarian muscle, bent it into the proper angle of induction, and threw it behind the wall.

"One clean shot and," he took a shot and it hit his target, "there we go." The wall collapsed upon the third causality of the lab.

Once again the surviving raider called for backup.

"This is even more counter productive then before."
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 4:43 am

The now combat ready asari immediately looked in the direction the voice had come from, raising her assault rifle instinctively. Once she realized it was a civilian, a human, she quickly lowered it. Swiftly, she made her way to where the human stood. She glanced around for any sign of batarians, but, sensing none, she turned her attention to the human.

In a hushed voice she addressed him. "Are you all right?" She gave him a quick look over and saw no immediate signs of injury. Again she glanced over each shoulder before continuing again with the conversation. "Have you run into any batarian raiders?" She easily could have fired off another couple of questions but decided to stay her tongue and let the man speak.
Back to top Go down
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 7:47 am

Even though it was he who called the asari to his location he didn't expect to have a gun pointed at his face. This of course caused him to throw his arms up in submission. It was only after the asari identified herself as a 'definite' friendly by making sure he wasn't injured. Evan had to be sure about these things. It wasn't often but sometimes there were asari slavers out in the universe and he sure didn't want to be caught in that situation. Finally, word broke from here lips and he was able to understand them over the numerous thoughts that ran through his mind. A single question was ask and after a short moment of stuttering, Evan finally straightened his speech to replied.

"Batarians... Yeah. I met them back in the generator room. Heh... Scared the crap out of me. I took off into the vent into the maintenance room and once they followed me, there I shot through the Freez- Err... I mean through the Cryo-Cooling maintenance room." He pointed to the opening in the side of the wall that had a rolling cloak of white smoke flowing out of it. "They won't use that for awhile, but we have bigger problems." He took his focus off the white smoke and the face of the asari to fiddled with his Omni-tool. He brought up the video of the hanger again and motioned the asari to investigate the images while he provided commentary and his idea. "The hanger's filled with those batarians... Unfortunately, it those batarians who have our way off this rock. If I can get to the control room I might be able to short circuit a power conduit or even vent some of the waste vapor into the room to push them out." There were plenty of things he could have done with the proper access point. Getting to said access point was the more difficult part. "If you can get me to the control room and make sure I can work in there safely, I might be able to get us out of here. How ‘bout it? Agreed?" He looked to her, waiting for her answer. His heart beat faster as the thought of fighting back gave him a certain thrill he lacked in his line of work.
Back to top Go down
Kyur

Kyur

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 7:39 am

"Do they ever stop coming? I have to get out fast if i want to survive."

looking around once more he found yet another solution to his problem. Kerosene! Perfect!

One throw, one more over load, and one BIG explosion.

The raiders, along with the wall were no more.

"Yah, what now?" Kolmer yelled at the space of previous residency. "Ok then, getting out."
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:51 pm

The asari matron stood stoically for several seconds, internally weighing the her options and all possible outcomes. To humans, and in fact most other species, the matron would seem to take a very long time to come to a decision, but asari, being as far sighted as they were, knew all too well the consequences actions could hold. Slowly she nodded. "That sounds like a decent plan." She again glanced over the young male, noting that he had no weapons or armor of any sort. This was going to complicate things. "You have no weapons or armor," she said more to herself than him. "I can put a biotic barrier around you but it won't protect you from everything and the farther away from me you get, the weaker it will become. I will do all in my power to protect you but you must stay close to me and listen carefully to all I tell you. If I tell you to stop, you stop, if I tell you to hide you hide. If I tell you to run, you must run, no matter what is happening to me. Do you understand?"

It had been so long since she wore her armor and spoke, acted, or thought like a commando, but it all came instinctualy back to her as she assumed the persona she had so long ago sworn off.
Back to top Go down
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 3:17 am

Whoever the asari once looked or seemed before, had since been stripped from his mind as it was replaced with the stiff, commanding words that came from the solider before him. He had met soldiers before and a C-sec officer once before once but none had given off such a thick air of superiority. It was enough to diminish any cheeky remark he may have plotted. All he could produce was a rather pathetic “Yes sir… Err Ma’am.”

Rising from the his crouch and swiftly began to move down the hall, following his Omni-tools maze of a holo-map towards a blinking cube in and elevated room somewhere near. At the first corner, Evan remembered the colonist survival pamphlet he found why searching the Extranet on one of the many lonely nights he had in his quarters. It told him during attacks to check corners adding that one day they might save your life. Plus it was better than simply running out into a group of ‘definite’ non-friendlies and getting blasted four days into next week’s funeral ceremonies. Which is where they will be anyway if they couldn’t find a way out. So using the extranet advice, he halted before the next hallway corridor, poked his head around the metal and found… nothing. Completely clear. That was good, yet somehow Evan was disappointed. This was quite an interesting thing to think at a time such at that. When batarians were on the verge of capturing or killing him, he was excited; excited to break away from the mundane routine that he endured for a two year prior. Fixing, maintaining, tightening, checking, recording, consulting, renewing, replacing, blah blah blah. The only thing that held him to this project was his limited works in the science department usually consulting on devices they need engineering appraisal. Since he got his education in mostly engineering majors, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and various computer skills, in order to use the OMNI-tool, plus a basic colonist training course with the Alliance military, his ideas came in pretty handy, except for now.

“C’mon. It’s clear here. Just another hallway and there should be an elevator.” He talked as he quickly slipped down the hall. As he came up on the last hall and with the lift doors in sight, a group of moving figures came into view through a pair of opening doors. Seeing them, Evan stopped abruptly, trying to change direction to run only to slip and fall backwards. “Crap,” he shouted as the group of raiders spotted them and readied their weapon, creeping forward to get a better shot.

Last edited by Yobun on Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kyur

Kyur

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:11 pm

((Sorry it's been so long for the post, little to no free time))
Kolmer Ran out of the lab area and found the weapons cache.
"Ok, so. What do we have here?" He thought out loud as he franticly opened crate after crate looking for anything usable. "Hmmm... Razer VII, Karpov VII, and Harpy IV... Ok, this will work." The guns now in peaces on the top of a create, the Salarian now working franticly on not the most legal modifications, but helpful non-the-less. "Strength of the Karpov, accuracy of the Harpy, and shots before over heat of the Razer..." The new Pistol looking very thrown together, but still in working condition. "Ok, done and done." He finished raiding the rest of the crates and found Cryo explosive grenades and slipped them into his pocket and made his way to the door. As he was going through the door way he remembered that the omni-tool had a newly added com app. He quickly started broadcasting on all research base frequencies, "Is any body alive?"
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 7:50 am

The asari heard the voice come over the intercom but paid it no attention as she raised the barrel of her assault rifle and let lose sveral rounds of burst fire onto the approaching raiders. As the enemies attempted to fall back to cover behind crates and in the doorway they had just emerged from, the assari quickly squatted down and helped Evan up, pulling him behind her as she threw up a biotic barrier around herself and the young man.

She cautiously backed the two of them down the hall they had come from until they reached a doorway that would open for them. She shoved the man into the cover the doorway afforded uttering a crisp, "Stay here until I come get you." She then lowered the barrier on Evan, increasing her own protection with the extra biotic energy, before charging back down the hall toward the raiders. As she came into range of their weapons, she began to feel the bullets impacting on her biotic shield and had to slide behind a storage barrel and let her barrier fall. She took several deep breaths, recovering from her sprint, then poked her head and gun out around the edge of the barrel.

One batarian had a sniper rifle out and was taking aim. However, in the time it took the raider to aim the precision weapon, the asari commando let loose three rounds of burst fire from her assault rifle which tore through the sniper's weak shielding. The four eyed alien fell to the ground, blood pooling around him.

The asari fell back behind her cover to reload her weapon. It only took her a few seconds, the speed at which any asari commando was expected to be able to reload their gun. However, in that short time, two batarian shock troopers had charged her position, each with shotguns at the ready. They paused for only a moment on the other side of her barrel before swinging around to face her. One crouched low while the other stood so their guns were in a vertical line both aimed at the asari.

She didn't have time to consciously react, but was able to instinctively raise a biotic barrier at the very last second. The first of the shotguns went off, shattering her biotic barrier, sending a sharp pain through her mind. No sooner had the first batarian fired than his partner followed suit, the second shot, making short work of her kenetic sheilding and throwing her back against the ground, winded, as her suit of armor finally slowed the pellets in time to save the asari's life. Both shots had hit her dead in the chest and the resulting impacts had stunned her mentally and physically.

Through the haze of physical and mental pain, she had enough clarity to know that after a quick cock of each weapon, they would both fire again and she would die. She didn't have enough time to recover enough to raise her weapon against them so she instead resigned herself to her fate. "Corna, Shali'a, I will see you soon. Athame, make my passing swift," she managed to whisper, despite her winded state.
Back to top Go down
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Evan felt a film generate over his body as he was forcably lifted to his feet, dragged and thrown behind a door way. Everything was happening with such haste that it almost felt unbelievable to him. The only thing that confirmed the reality around him was the woman who had just saved his life and had stuck him in the doorway. Though now he was hiding behind a weak layer of protection with no weapon nor a suit of kinetic armor. The only thing he had to his name was his wits and his modified Alliance omni-tool. Like that was any consolation to a solid grip around a pistol. For know he peeked around the corner of the doorway attempting to watch as the asari did whatever she did.

What still didn't make sense to him was the fact that this installation actually had something like an asari commando on a lowly research facility. The only asaris he ever knew of were the researchers and the hydroponic and aeroponic maintainer, otherwise know as the garden researcher. But he couldn't see any of them fitting the combat role. Did the Alliance send one over before the attack. No how could they, even by FTL speeds and mass relay transit the communication bouies couldn't talk that fast, not clearly anyway. Plus, these raiders weren't stupid. They were organized. They guarded the hanger, the only exit, and they surely disabled any communication. Fighting these guys wasn't an option for him and a single commando, though she did have a better chance than him at surviving this ordael. A sad notion but he expected nothing from the asari. HSe had no obligation to save him. He was simply something picked up on the way. Though an engineer was something good to have on a ship soon going to be blasted the ba-jesus out of by batarian gunfire.

Then something hit Evan. It wasn't a bullet, those were flying passed him, but he remember someone using the intercom. Even if the man wasn't armed, though if your trying to find survivours you usually tend to be, he still could be of some use. For this was the one thing they had against the raiders: knowledge of the installation. Every nock and corner, every vent and doorway was within their knowing. His focus went onto the doorway panel. Blindly, he press buttons trying to not get shot in the corridor. Finally the door slid open and Evan fell backwards into the room. "Okay. Find the comm. He searched and within a few frantic moments, his hand fumbled with another wall panel. Just as he went to speak, he caught himself and smacked his head. He was about to blow their position. He fiddled with his omni-tool, connected to the comm-system and began to isolate the last comm. A second or two went by and soon a pleasant electric tone chimmed acknowledging a successful connection. "Hello, were still alive. We're on our way to the control room overlooking the hanger. Currently pinned down by a hostile force. Try and reach the control room. We will meet with you there. Once there you need to - Oh damn..."

Evan heard heavy footsteps outside in the hall followed a two shotgun bursts. Less than 3 seconds til the next shot. He counted the time down until the next shots were fired. As if like an automatic response, his hand worked his omni-tool with precision dexerity scrolling through options until he just knew he was on a option named Sabotage. Confirming his choice, the fabrication module began to create a disc holding an explosive and an EMP. As soon as he cleared the doorway, he pulled his arm back and threw it forward. By this time, the raider's attention was already diverted on the strange man jumping out of a doorway. The barrels of their weapons, switched to him and prepared to fire.

An explosion. From the disc Evan had thrown, an explosion had bloomed knocking over the two shocktroopers and with the EMP, he wouldn't be shot at while he performed his next feat. Evan ran towards the storage barrel where the two batarians and the asari lied. He slide to her side picked up assult rifle, since she was it no condition to wield it at the moment, and aimed it at the first of the incapatitated batarians. Thankfully due to he autosetter, his omnitool recognized that Evan held a weapon affected by his EMP, where by reseting the electronic systems allowing him to use it. He squeezed the trigger and felt the rifle kick back in his arms and watched as the bullet hit the batarians armor a few times before finally breaking through and piercing it body. Releasing the trigger, he looked to the other who had risen back up. Evan turned his head and flinched as his squeezed the trigger of the shotgun. Though he knew it wouldn't work it was just the feeling of the moment. When only a click came out of the weapon, Evan used the oppertunity to spin his body and aim the rifle at the shocked batarian. Two seconds of a full-auto burst sent the batarian to the ground. Afterwards, Evan shiver rapidly as adrenaline coursed through his bloodstream. But he didn't have time to wait around. He tossed the rifle backwards toward the doorway and hooked his arms her armpit began to pull her back into the room he had found.

Once inside, set a proximity mine just in case, and sealed the doors. He switch his attention to the asari. He shook her lightly asking with increasing volume. "Asari... Asari, Wake Up! C'mon, don't die!" He looked around the room for a med-kit. They used held medi-gel, although he couldn't see any surface injure.
Back to top Go down
Kyur

Kyur

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 7:45 am

Kolmer, upon hearing the transmission over the omni tool, quickly responded, "H-Hello? Hello! I'm Aegohrn Hoonder Fallo Residi Pharamond Kolmer, I'm held up in the weapons cache. I'm currently working on a way to meet up with you--" A overload grenade whizzed by the scientists head and detonated less then a yard away, knocking him unconscious.
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:26 am

The asari coughed and wheezed, gasping for air that her impacted chest was reluctant to give her, still not completely comprehending why she was not dead.

She finally managed to take one large breath but instantaneously regretted it. Her eyes snapped shut with pain and her right hand flew to her left side, grasping tight near the bottom of her rib cage. "Please," she whispered. "Help me remove my armor."

The human helped her as she fumbled with the clasps. Finally she was able to pull off her breast plate with the human's help. With the weight off her chest, she was able to breath, however, the activity was still pained. Drawing her hand away from her side, the asari realized why. Her hand glistened with a coat of blue blood. Her blood. She managed to look down and saw that one small pellet had managed to find its way through her barrier and plates and work its way rather deep into her side. "It is not bad," she lied through another small jolt of pain that she hid but for her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 2:45 am

Feeling awkward the entire time, Evan manage to aid the asari tossing aside the fact she was a female. In fact, hearing her request at first caught him off guard but then add in the life threatening situation and he was able to get through it without think about it in such a way. Only when they did manage to remove the chest piece of the armor did he see the real damage done by the raiders. A small wound produced by a fragment of metal had punctured the asari's flesh and her blood trickled out. Now it was smeared across her hand and around the wound.

It took him a few seconds longer of searching but Evan did find the medical aid box. Inside he scavenged the pair of medi-gel, prepping one and place the second on a self. “Here. We can't have you in like this. It does us no good if you're like this. Now hold still." He advised her before applying the salve-like substance in and over the wound. With that his colonist medical training came to an end.

Everything done to help the asari's injury, all there was left to do was to sit until the asari, the only one who seemed likely to survive this endeavor, or least likely from the fire-fight a few moments ago. Evan took a seat next to the sealed door, heaving a great sigh as his back suck lower against the wall. The adrenaline, produced by the current action, still coursed through his veins like a strong liquor, causing his body to burn from the inside. His body shivered, more so his hands and arms. Faintly, Evan could feel the rifle recoil pulsating against his shoulder. "Is this what war feels like? To kill someone else?" His voice shook for the first time in a great many years. It almost felt pathetic in the presence of the asari.
Back to top Go down
Kyur

Kyur

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 12:03 am

As the salarien slowly regained consciousness, the realization the face of a dead batarien only inches from his own sent a quick remembrance of what was going on to Kolmer. The force of the blast must have knocked me unconscious, he thought. A sharp pain surged through his body as he stood up, a broken rib is probably the cause. Nauseated due to pain, the gray man got back on his feet and punched in a command on his Omni-tool to generate an Omni-gel to help speed the healing and start retransmitting the message.
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 9:05 am

The asari let a sad smile flit across her lips as she weakly nodded her response to the human's question. "Yes. And I'm sorry you have to experience it like this." She gently pulled herself up into a sitting position. It had been only one small pellet and it had been significantly slowed by her armor but it had still managed to sink fairly deep into her side. The midi-gel was helping, but she still hurt. However, she knew she had to pull herself together for the human's sake. She could tell by his reactions he had never been in combat and had definitly never taken a life before today. There was also the other voice to keep in mind, the one that had come over the intercom earlier. She guessed it was a silarian. They both needed her, and as easy it would be for her to finally submit to death and join both her family and Athame, she was needed here for a little while longer.

She took a deep breath and winced slightly, though she did her best to hide her pain from Evan. Doing her best to keep her wound from being pulled to much, she crawled over to where her chestplate had been discareded. She examined it. The hole from the pellet wasn't too large but had a nice coat of shiney blue blood surrounding it. She wiped off the blood before putting the armor back on as gingerly as possible with the inflexible plates. "By the way, my name. It's Rei’ali."
Back to top Go down
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 2:00 am

Evan remained speechless, still broken by his actions. He first yerned for the chance to shoot something, to be engaged in a battle, his life on the line. As it turned out this was the farthest thing from the truth. His heartbeat steadied and his blood stopped using his ears as drums. Soon afterwards, the shaking lessened. Evan looked up, after being alerted by sounds of movement, to watch as the asari equiped her breastplate onto her person. It appeared that it was time to move once more. It was an understandable desicion, even if Evan hadn't fully recovered from killing that batarian. But it was either stay here and die or move towards the hanger in hopes of escaping with their lives, or die trying.

Suddenly, the asari spoke to again. This time he learned the name of his savior and the one he had saved. This being done it was time for him to return the favor. "Nice to meet you. Name's Evan O'Brian. Colonist and Chief Engineer on this installation. How 'bout you? I didn't know the Alliance would spare a combat unit to a research colony. Not to mention this quickly." His voice hinted suspition wonder if something else was going on that the Alliance didn't want simple workers to know.

Last edited by Yobun on Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kyur

Kyur

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:19 am

Why weren’t they responding? If they knew he was alive, why weren’t they responding? It made no sense; the purpose of the message was to attempt to bring them together. /I’ll try sending this again, just in case./ He sent it again, not really expecting a different result. Kolmer waited for what felt like 20 minutes, still no response. He decided to try heading to the comm room to try send a message to the citadel for rescue.
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:55 am

Rei'ali shook her head in response to the human's question. "No, I am not here in that capacity. I am a colonist here, just like you. I was a gardener. In charge of growing food for the colony," she said, closing her eyes as she spoke, thinking back to her peaceful existence from what seemed like forever ago but, in reality, could have been no more than an hour ago. She read the look of confusion with a hint of suspicion on Evan's face. "I was a commando once," she explained, "but that was centuries ago."

For a brief moment her mind seemed to wander, then she was back to the task at hand, locking away anything and everything that could interfere with or endanger their escape. "Are you alright? I know this is horrible timing. Taking your first life is never something that should be rushed over or brushed past but I am afraid that is what we must do now. If we linger here, we will be discovered. We must move. And there is still that voice we heard earlier. I am assuming it was a salarian and I can only hope he is still alive. We must try and get to find him and any others we can and get them off this planet. We must report this attack to the Citadel." She paused and seemed to be considering something for a moment. "Evan," she said slowly. "Look, you've been through much more than you ever signed up for. If you're too shaken by all this, I can go on without you. We can get to the hanger, you can get in a ship, and wait there while I search the rest of the compound. It's up to you but we need to move now. So, comm room with me to find that salarian or do you want to go to the hanger?"
Back to top Go down
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Commando. A word that inspired a mixture of thoughts and ideas. Though finding out that she was in truth the gardener made him realize the effects that war can have on people. What could make someone who is so accustom to war want to revert to life of being a simple colonist on a planet so far gone on the fringes of Citadel Space to disconnect from any of their military activities. Which posed the question: what really happens to soldiers in the Alliance military and more specifically the special forces units, such as Rei'ali's?

Although Evan had stopped quivering, he still could see the face of the batarian that fell before him. His four blank eyes reflecting the gun flare as the bullet hit him jerking his limps about before gravity took hold of him. It didn't even cross him mind to think what the raider must have been thinking, nor did he want to, knowing only that he was alive and his attacker wasn't. Evan repeated this true to himself hoping he would soon forget, all the while talking with he asari.

"Yeah... You're right," he admitted reluctantly with averse thoughts about braving the hall of the installation again knowing that an unknown number of would-be killer coursed through the hall gunning down the occupants. Which questioned the safety of travelling alone or with an armed individual. Weighting his option, one of which implied the use of stealth skills, he didn't have, to get to the hanger which may or may not have raiders or take his chances with a former asari commando in hopes of finding the voice. He wasn't a military man and what gun training he did have came from the colonist training program the Alliance provided. Plus from his reaction to killing another he didn't believe his chances would increase, alone or with this asari. That just left one decision: Would he chance the hanger or go with Rei'ali to the comm room located in the same area as the control room, his intended target; the place he could cause the most damage with his current skill set.

"Alright. We'll go with your plan. If we can get to the comm room I can get to the control room." Beside the control room overlooked the hanger so atleast they could get the hanger if they could find the other survivor. He rose to his feet, legs finally something more than gelatin, and checked his omni-tool, his only weapon, readying him to move out. Evan held out his hand, offering to pick Rei'ali up so that them may begin moving. "Besides you wouldn't be able to get very far without me pulling you out of enemy fire." He remarked, cracking a smile, trying to lighten the static mood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.   ~Mass Effect RP~  Open to any who know enough bout it. Empty

Back to top Go down

~Mass Effect RP~ Open to any who know enough bout it.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next