The Missed Parallel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Missed Parallel

Happy New Year, guys! - love fu

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.

Go down 
+2
Yobun
EcroXineoph
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 7:17 am

((To Cam:
We didn't invite you cause we didn't think you played the game. Do/did you play Mirror's Edge?

To Ismael and Tynan:
Sorry Andy n I haven't been on. Finals, anthro in particular) have been killer but they're over now so I should be on mre and should be able to hound Andy and get him on more. Also, I'll be sure to get him to post as soon as I can.))
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 7:47 pm

EcroXineoph wrote:
((To Cam:
We didn't invite you cause we didn't think you played the game. Do/did you play Mirror's Edge?

To Ismael and Tynan:
Sorry Andy n I haven't been on. Finals, anthro in particular) have been killer but they're over now so I should be on mre and should be able to hound Andy and get him on more. Also, I'll be sure to get him to post as soon as I can.))

Hooray!

AND ONCE AGAIN THE DAY IS SAVED

THANKS TO

"Summer Vacation". 8D
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 5:09 pm

Ismael the Monk wrote:
EcroXineoph wrote:
((To Cam:

To Ismael and Tynan:

Hooray!

AND ONCE AGAIN THE DAY IS SAVED

THANKS TO

"Summer Vacation". 8D

SUMMER VACATION. 8D
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 7:54 am

Somewhere behind her, Chris heard the tell tale scuffle of a skirmish. She knew it must have been a blue tailing her that was intercepted by another runner. Her bet was Nolan. He was the usual pic for that type of position. But the fact that there was a cover runner on this run meant that whatever was in the bag was some serious cargo.

This fact, however, meant little to Chris except that perhaps Rob owed her and Jen a few extra dollars. She continued her fluid pattern, moving ever closer to the next rendez-vous.
Back to top Go down
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 7:14 am

It worked and he knock down the 'Blue.' Just his luck. He looked to hit the ground pretty damn hard with his head. Maybe he killed him, maybe he didn't. Perhaps the blue had a family. Well, it didn't make much difference anyway. In the City, who fires the first shot better be ready to get their ass filled with lead. Heh heh. It was so funny because its so sickingly true, at least between the runners and the authorities. But now wasn't the tiem to be think about something like that he still had a long way to go and he had to caught up with the other runner. Besides that being completely impossible at this point, seeing as the other had already blotted out of the area, he was going to have to call this one in, to the operator man himself. "Yo, Rob. You got a beat on the package carrier, at the moment? I kinda got held up." "No need, Nolan. Your part is done. I would wire you the amount owed but I forgot they restricted your account, rather you cover account. Thats why, I get to meet with you in person to hand you the cash. I'm located at-" "No way, Rob. If there was one blue, there are going to be more. You hired me to get those guys off of your runners, so that's what I'm going to do! Now start point the way." He huffed into his head set and he launched off a building heading in the direction he thought he saw the runner go. "Keep your current direction. But this isn't going to increase you pay, remember that." "Yeah, I got it." Nolan streamed forward at a comfortable pace, breathing hard, searching for any sign of the other runner.
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 11:58 pm

"Mr. Scarsworth, Sir? I hope you're not too busy." piqued the door to his office.

"Ahh, Ms. Walker. Please come in." Victor said, knowing all too well what would be coming through the door. Five foot eight, young brunette with gorgeous emeralds in her eyes, and a voice as smooth as silk, all the things He scorned about women when he was her age. Why hire her then, you might wonder, if she represented all that he hated about a woman?

"I have the schedule for your speech to the public right here, sir. Also, here's your speech, the names, pictures, and history of those in attendance during the speech. The Chief of Police will be there, along with a few of his boys in blue, who will check each person at the door. I've also arranged to have them search the rooftops, like you suggested and have taken the liberty of detailing your suit. This is how you wanted it, right?"

Her mind. She went to Melstreigh University and accomplished more in her first year than most would in their years achieving a PhD. It wasn't because she was "book smart", it was all due to the sweat and guts of her spirit.

"Yes, Ms. Walker. You have yet again acquired my satisfaction. Barely." he scowled his all too familiar old man scowl. "Do I really have to address the people? They bore me so much..."
"Well, what kind of person would Victor Scarsworth be if he didn't address his loyal admirers?" She replied, not caring much of his cold lashing.
"A sane one." He brooded like a child not wanting to do his homework.

"Oh there there, we can get back to work later, Sir. Now, if you please, let's get you ready for that speech."
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 4:55 am

Chris continued to fly from roof to roof and eventually came to the predetermined roof top on which Rachel was standing. She smiled as she slowed her pace, eventually coming to a stop in front of the other female. She took several deep breaths as she handed the bag to Rachel.

"Gotta warn you, Rach. I had a blue on me for a few back there. Rob musta hired Nolan as a guardian runner cause someone picked him off. Just keep your eyes open." Chris said as she scanned the roof line for any sign of more of her "friends".

"All right. Thanks for the heads up, girl," Rachel smiled using her usual term of endearment for any of her fellow female runners. She turned to leave but was caught by Chris's words.

"Oh! And Jenny says Hey."

Rachel smiled. "Tell her I say Hey back. I'll see you two at Rob's later?"

Chris nodded which was all the response Rachel needed before she bounded off to make the final section of the run.
Back to top Go down
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:00 pm

Maybe it was the heat of the moment or his honor to perform his duty as a guardian runner but Nolan was still leaping a bounding across and over roof tops. However, it hadn't occured to him when he decided to continue on with the last length of the delivery that he was probably tired. This was now the case. His breaths became harsh wheezes. His muscles burned and yet his joined followed suit. It was only after he nearly failed a jump that he noticed the enevitable flaw in his previous thinking. He was still human and he bore the burden of tiring. Hauling himself up onto a ledge, he rolled over on his back and faced the sky his eye's closed tight, resisting the aching his his legs.

Just when he was about to contact Rob, a voice rung into his ear. "You finally run out of breath, eh, Nolan?" It was hard not to laugh at himself when Rob said it like that. It was his own damn fault and both of them knew it. "You know... I think... I'll... return.... to your... place," Nolan said as he inhaled and exhaled deeply between his words. "Alright. Get you ass back here. If you can, jump onto a train and make your way here." Nolan chuckled slightly thinking of jumping a train in his state. "Rob. I'm just going to walk home this time. I'll take the subways and sewers. I can hardly move much less jump onto a moving train. Just keep an eye out on those police scanners you got and watch my back." Slowly and in broken movements, Nolan rolled down his pant legs and threw up his hood of his orange jacket as he rose from the ground and looked for a way down to the ground, which came in the form of a door and a bunch of stairs down through the building he had decided to die upon. He tried his best to avoid being seen at least into he could get into the crowds where atleast he could shield himself from the authorities. He still stook out like a sore thumb but it was better than jumping the roofs or running through the streets. Yes, walking was working well enough. Soon, he descend the stairs and ramps door to the escalator and was able to slip onto a train by acting like he was a blind man who dropped his stick. He spent the entire ride going through the train car asking people if they had seen his walking stick anywhere. Most just brush him off or said they couldn't help him. This went of until he jumped ship and made his way back to the street. By this time, he had regain some energy to move and was able to move towards Rob's place through the back alleyways.
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 12:42 am

"Well, Ms. Walker, I must say that this suit /does/ bring out the color of my eyes." Scarsworth said sarcastically as Ms. Walker still fussed with the finishing touches of his suit. "Sir, I try my best." Was all she said to the unsatiable old man. "Alright, Sir, let's get you down to the car. Right this way"

"Ms. Walker, I know perfectly well how to get down to the elevator, thank you very much!" he scowled as he reached for his crutches. "My apologies, sir. I'm just a little worried about this next speech. Are you sure you're fine with giving it at Town Hall Square? You do remember what day it is, ri-"

"SILENCE! Of course I remember what day it is, Ms. Walker, because I will be the one to make it a day to be remembered, not for what happened back then, but for my actions today!" Victor snapped at Ms. Walker, his tongue lashing her with words as cold as ice. A long pause followed, Victor's gaze piercing through Jessica, but she stood strong. "My apologies, sir. It was wrong of me to question you."

More awkward minutes passed by.

"... Well... After all the trouble you went through, I might as well go." Victor barely muttured under his breath.

"Ms. Walker, I assume my transportation is ready downstairs?" "Why, yes, Sir. And I have your speech right here. Are you feeling ready to go?"

"Yes, Jessica. Quite."

The two hobbled over to the elevator, and descended below.

========================================================

Upon arriving at the Town Hall Square, they were greeted by the security in detail. "Sir, Chief Deputy Jaime Devons at your service, I have my men situated at crucial high points and all around the perimeter. I'll take good car-" "Yes, I was very well aware of that, Officer. That's why I hired you." Victor cut off the young police officer. "Now, if you'll excuse me, Devons, I have a speech to give."
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 6:45 pm

When Chris finally made her way back to Rob's, she slipped in only to find Rob, Jen, and several other runners all huddled around Rob's computer screen. "What'd I miss?" she asked in a lyrical voice. Jen popped her head up upon hearing her lover's voice. "Rach says Hey back, by the way," Chris smiled as Jen came over to greet her. The two exchanged a hug ans a soft kiss before Jen pulled Chris over to the computer screen.

"That slime Scarsworth is about to give some speech or something," Rob said, his eyes still glued to the screen. "Press isn't saying exactly what. I think they're a little woozy about the fact that he's giving it in City Hall Square, considering what today is."

Chris looked perplexed. Jen caught the look and explained. "Today is the 15 year anniversary of that big protest back when the city started changing," she said in a soft voice. "Two days from now is when the city started its "clean up" of the ghettos." The room suddenly grew quieter. What went unsaid was that two days from now, was the 15th anniversary of the day Jen's parents were killed. Chris slipped her arm around Jen's waist, pulling her closer and placing her head on Jen's shoulder. "I'm ok," Jen said a tad unconvincingly.

No one said anything else, they just huddled around the streaming live feed on Rob's computer screen.

Last edited by EcroXineoph on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had to switch PCs half way throught the post.)
Back to top Go down
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 1:51 pm

After some time in the alley aswell as some time transfering between streets, Nolan finally came upon an interesting scene. A cluster of people had gathered and flocked towards City Hall Square. Unfortunately, Nolan hadn't reacted fast enough and before he knew it police forces were within recognition range of him. Something had to be done quickly or he was going to be caught. Boosting his hood and turning away, he ducked into the passing crowd, blending into the masses, following the steps of the city peoples, becoming a mistake to the human eye.

"Rob. This is Nolan. I've run into a wee bit of trouble. I'm somewhere near City Hall... No wait, I'm in the Square outside of it. It looks as though there is an event of some sort." Nolan looked about with the bill of his hat the only thing sticking out from his orange jacket's hood. "Nolan, what are you doing there? You were... Ugh, nevermind," Rob replied, his voice irratated however only concerned for Nolan. "There is a speech being given by Scarworth himself today. On what we don't know yet. You need to get out of there that place is crawling with blues." Nolan gave a small chuckle looking about at the security that was actually present. It was quite heavy. "Rob. Hate to tell you this but I'm not going anywhere. I can hardly walk so much run without being noticed by ever Blue and their mother." Nolan could hear what Rob said next but he figured it was as important and his attempt tof shuffle through the crowd, which was quite difficult. He could feel the stares of the guards and the bite of cameras all over the place, the suffocation mass of people restricted the flow which held him down to earth. Without out it he was becoming anxious and slightly jittery. Surveying the area, his head rotated from left to right finding all corners of his vision to by filled with some sort of authority.

"Rob, keep me informed, I'm thinking of a way to get out. If you got any ideas lay them on me. Til then I guess I'll hear what Scarsworth has to say." And with that, Nolan pushed himself along with the spectators and stood in wait for the speech of a politician.
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 6:42 pm

(( Sorry about being so late, guys. Seriously, hell midterms time. Gonna be a little while longer))
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 6:42 am

((No worried, dude. Whenever you have the time. <3 ))
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 11:19 am

All fell silent as Victor approached the podium. The blue outline that shaped the opaque buildings were shifting nervously, looking for any signs of harm that would have to be prevented from reaching this important man. Victor scowled around, then closed his eyes, and breathed out a sigh.

"Two million, thirty three hundred thousand, six hundred and fifty two people live in this fair City. Every single one of them registered as Citizens. Yet, even so we find our very way of living, our tranquil lifestyles threatened by people who feel they have to be above the City."

"Year after year, we have seen the many deaths of noble Sheriffs and Deputies who laid their lives on the line to apprehend these vile scoundrels, and in the end the Rat came out above the Hawk. I cannot allow this madness to continue!" Victor slammed his fist on the podium to effectively get his point across.

"With this in mind, I have moved to start a campaign against the murderers and thieves that call themselves 'Runners'. I, myself, have personally funded this project, and am proud to introduce you to the newest squadron of highly trained and genetically enhanced Policemen. I give you, ICARUS!

Suddenly, several light blue shapes fell onto the stage out of nowhere!
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 6:47 pm

In Rob's small sanctuary there was a murmur of voices as all runners gathered tried to digest what Scarsworth had just proclaimed. A special branch of Blues trained and enhanced specifically to hunt runners. And the way they had simply dropped onto the stage, as if they were ninjas. It was horribly cliche and yet very effective at pointing out just how stealthy and how suddenly surprisingly aggressive these new anti-runners already were, and there was no doubt they were still undergoing the final steps of their training.

But that raised another question. How did the blues learn to run? Time would tell just how in sync with the flow of the city they were but the fact still remained that these blues were trained to hunt and kill runners. How they learned such a skill set was a mystery to all assembled in the room, and it quickly became the topic of the murmur.

However, then the speech proceeded, and Rob quickly silenced the group, dreading what else the speech could hold, but wanting to hear it none the less.
Back to top Go down
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 12:21 am

Nolan along with most of the crowd was wide-eyed at the spectacle of the so-called 'ICARUS' anti-runners. He didn't see them and the only places he could have imagine to jump down from was too high for normal humans. The he began to wonder if the genetic enhance wasn't a load of bullshit, after all. Sure they could jump but their landing was a tad mechanical. It didn't flow as it should have. 'Then again I haven't tried to roll after falling from that high.' He looked around and tried to move, but he was still locked in-between the crowd, although he could see an exit. He had to time and act his exit just right though. If these runners were legitimate Runner hunters they he would be screwed over if he attracted their attention. For now he would just have to sit and wait to flow with the crowd. It wasn't the flow of the city but it would have to do. Facing an unknown enemy is foolish. And today he would not be the fool to end up dead as the first kill on the morning post. Besides he wasn't very photogenic.

"Rob... You still with me. Can you see these guys? I can't tell where they came from but it had to be from somewhere high. I didn't see they come in from any direction other than above. I-" Nolan paused to glance at one of the anti-runners only have him stare back at him. The moment they shared was tense, uncomfortable and felt like the moment right before a sonic boom erupts after a jet fly-by. Soon, he noticed that not only did this Blue have his eyes set on him but the entire troop of Blue Runners had their eye on him. 'Oh damn.' His body began to shiver as he began to sweat out of anxiety. "Rob..." He whispered as he turned away and began to push with the people, who looked on with frustrated stare having someone bump into them. "...Rob. I think they know I'm here. No! They know I'm heard their eyes were all locked on me. I need a fast way out and I need it no-" Nolan, not paying attention to where he was going, due to the metaphoric bricks he was shitting, at the moment, and bumped into a person which caused his earpiece to fall onto the ground and lost in the shuffle of feet. 'Double damn.' With no other option he would have to make his own way back to the hideout. Hopefully, the runners wouldn't pursue him. Though, his luck wasn't the greatest. Like the time, when he lost his earpiece and he was spotted by government funded runner killing machines. Funny how these things worked out.
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:08 pm

(( OMG. Tynan that made me laugh... and lol you went in the exact direction I was hoping you would. EXACTLY AS PLANNED. >D))

Victor noticed throughout the crowd a commotion stirring. The arrogance of some people... not paying attention to HIS moment of greatness, the fruit of his labors presented and they have to scratch their asses like vulgar animals! His scowl greatly deepened...

Jessica stood up and nudged Victor slightly in the arm, and upon receiving a look of confusion and scorn from Scarsworth, pointed out the shifting figure in the crowd. "Ahh... a Rat has decided to poison our environment with it's presence. Do you now see how easily it can blend into it's surroundings to steal from us like the conniving animal it is? Please, remain calm and move away from the vile criminal, for being within it's proximity has endangered your lives far too greatly for my tastes."

"This proves to be quite a fortunate turn of events.." Victor sneered into Ms. Walker's ear, almost like the snake whispering into Eve's ear. "We can test out the Icarus' ability to give chase and track this filth right back to their nest."

"Arrest him at once!"

The teal jumpsuited figures all perked their heads up, and in an instant were airborne and aimed towards the distressed runner.
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:23 pm

Seeing what was unfolding on the screen before him, Rob turned in his chair to face his small contingent of runners. However, Chris and Jen were already on their way out with Rachel hot on their tail. "Bring him back in one piece!" He called after them.

"We know, Rob," Jen said into her ear piece as the three runners bound their way off the roof and began sprinting toward Town Hall Square. "And we won't lead any of those new freaky runner blues back here. You trained us all better than that."

Chris smiled at Jen as they continued on. "He'll baby us till the day we die," she joked between breaths. All three runners chuckled for a short moment before deciding it was wiser to save their air.

As the trio proceeded from roof to roof, Rachel put her hand to her ear, pushing her comm device a little snugger in. "Nolan? Where are you? I've got Christy and Jen with me, we're en route. We can intercept those blues you've got on ya, give you some back up. Where should we meet?" Instantaneously, Rachel had switched from joking to straight faced mission mode. It was an aspect that Chris had always admired. Her ability to tune out all other aspects of life during a mission made her an amazing runner and a valuable ally. She always knew what needed done and how to do it. Even in this emergency situation, she was charging in with a cool head and an analytical mind. That was Rach.
Back to top Go down
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 3:56 am

Looking now at the runner making there way towards him, he couldn't help but think how unlucky he was. But there wasn't any use complain and hoping for something better to happen to him. Without his earpiece he was running upon his own wit and skill to best these unearthly abominations. With the crowd splitting apart, he was given the oppurtunity to run. Run like he never had before and see if that bastard Scarsworth put enough money into developing these runners. No matter how dangerous this was, there was still a sense of fearful excitement. But enough waiting, it was time to hit the ground running.

Down the first street towards a building. Rolan understood the danger of remaining on the ground floor and that he needed to gain some altitude between him and the ground. No matter how silly this may have been to a normal person, seeing as most saw the idea of running across rooftops to be a hazardous activity, to a runner this was the fastest way to travel, next to the subway. He slammed into a person as he pushed through the door into a tall building. He didn't dare look back, knowing this movie all to well. Instead, he went for the elevator. Not taking the time to slow himself down he ran through the open doors, slamming into the wall before bouncing off and slammed his hand against the highest number he saw. The sluggish doors took there sweet time to close, the shadows of his pursuers jumping through the glass in the building lobby. 'No door policy, I guess.' Luckily, the door closed terminating the threat of the anti-runners for now.

The gentle ding signaled the time to move again. He burst forth from the elevator and turned to the roof access staircase. Behind him however, another gentle ding rang out revealing the blue runner. "Oh, come on!" He ran off the building only to be greeted by a slope which he now slide down. 'If only I had my earpiece.' He looked back and was shocked to see that the runners hand copied his moves of sliding down the diagonal windows. 'Quick learning copycats.' No matter how much fun this appeared to be, Nolan had to find a way to shake these guys. Fighting them would be suicide and keeping up this chase would have him falling to his death. Now all he had to do was figure out a plan.
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 8:23 am

After the awkward pause from the turn of events, the crowd in the Town Square all hushed up and sat back in their seats obediently.

"My apologies for the disturbance, ladies and gentlemen," Scarsworth said into the podium's microphone. "Seems we had a little bit of house cleaning to do."

The square chuckled quite vigorously, and continued to listen intently to the man on the podium.

"Well, with the great responsibility given to me by you, the citizens of this great City, I bid you farewell. But know this; I give my promise to keep you and your families safe and secure against this rising threat in the streets.

For the Prosperity and the Oneness of the well oiled Machine we call our City!"

Upon hearing the City credo, the audience burst into applause, giving a standing ovation.

Victor was quite pleased.

=================

The limo ride back was filled with a sense of accomplishment for Ms. Walker. She was glad he had handled the speech so eloquently, even with it's minor delay. But there was no look of joy on Mr. Scarsworth's face. He had a telephone in his hand, and was talking to a certain associate of his that he had been in contact with for years.

"No, Kruger! I don't want to have more backup, the Icarus are enough to deal with this pest! I just want to have data on this damn chase! Put a chopper in the air and videotape what happens, wherever they go! I want that data on my computer by the next hour!" Scarsworth slammed the phone down on the side panel of the limo door and sat back into his car seat with a look of frustration on his face.

"Sir?" Jessica interjected, cautious of what to say next, "I believe you gave an excellent speech. The crowd was very captivated by your words."

"Those idiots, their brains are gush. They'd pay attention to a television with some plantains being shown if it really came down to it. Nothing to compare with our superior intellect, Ms. Walker." Scarsworth chuckled.

"I guess you're right, Sir." Jessica replied.

Victor looked out the window, holding his hands together and face gleaming at yet another compliment to his stunning intellect, cause even if it was just his own words, they were quite true. At least in his mind. And who else mattered?

"I believe some celebration is necessary, Ms. Walker."

"Well, Sir. Would some chess in your study be what you had in mind?"

"You know me too well, Ms. Walker. I hope you can keep up with me this time."

Last edited by Ismael the Monk on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 9:14 am

Rachel tapped her earpiece as the three continued to run toward town hall square. "Nolan? Nolan, you there? Do you read?"

"No dice?" came Rob's voice over the link.

The three exchanged glances before Chris shook her head. "No dice. He mustuv dropped his earpiece." Out of the corner of her eye she caught Jen skidding to a halt beside her. She and Rachel followed suit having learned that what Rachel had in planning and strategizing, Jen had in years of experience and instinct. "What is it?"

Jen's eyes narrowed as she scanned the sky. "Chopper," she said matter-of-factly. Ordinarily the word would have been shouted and all runners would have scattered as a result, but the calm tone of Jen's voice signaled that this chopper was no immediate threat. "It looks like it's headed toward Town Hall Square. Toward Nolan."

"Let's follow it then," Chris said. Moments later the three were dashing off in the direction the helicopter had flown, each saying a silent prayer they could reach Nolan before the blue runners or the chopper.
Back to top Go down
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 11:22 am

Looking back at his hunters, Nolan smirked, noticing that one of the teal color men was shifting to position himself behind him. He looked at the glass windows that slid beneath him, timing it, growing closer to the edge of the building with each passing pane before slamming his elbow down onto the glass. Painfully it cracked and the shards began to separate. This of course spelt doom for one of the blues, however all did not go well for Nolan.

As he continued along his path, his arm caught one of the glass shards combined with his velocity ripped a large laceration up his underarm leading to his shoulder. This was soon followed by loud yet short lived cry of pain. Tears welding up in his eyes and still he had to manage running away. But could he? He screwed himself over to rid himself of only one of his pursuers, who he unfortunately didn't have the satisfaction of seeing fall to his death.

Finally a glimmer of hope arose as Nolan looked back to the roof he was streaming towards. The end in sight, he made on finally jump at his salvation. For a brief fleeting seconds, the city streets were in view. Every small speck, an unsuspecting man or woman was walking to work or late for an appointment or going to lunch. Each one of the ignorant to the crisis that ensued above.

A large, cushioned square was awaiting him on the roof he was flying towards and within seconds of leaving the first building was sinking into the embrace of tarp cushion. Landing on his front, a sharp sting bloomed up his chest and neck. Blood continued to flow from his wounded arm, coating the tarp and staining his jacket. Slowly and with bloody, trembling hands, Nolan reached into his pokcet and pulled out a cellphone, a secondary means of communcation, and dialed Rob's number. The tone rang before Rob's voice came up. All the while, the Blue runners were making their descent upon him. Finally the tone stopped and Rob's voice called out, "Nolan are you okay? Where are you? Rachel, Jen, and Chris are-" "Rob... I don't have alot of time! Forget about me! I'm bleeding and the blue are here! Just...Ugh! Getoff ya fucks!" At that moment, the remaining blue runners were trying to restrain him with a chopper coming into few through the tangle of blues. With the last bit of strength he could use, he tossed the phone off the building knowing the blues would track it, if they hadn't already. Nolan was now being dragged off the tarp, his blood smearing and his arms now bound behind him with zipties pushing to his knees and laying him down. The helicopter descended until a sqaud of armed police repelled down to secure him. They hauled him to his feet, which now were becoming lighter as his lost blood. One of the guards was kind enough to decide to take him alive and to patch up his arm. This couldn't stop him from closing his eyes and lossing consciousness.

It felt good not caring for a bit. Not being able to feel or to hurt. Part of Nolan was glad this came to an end being able to relax while the other half feared what was to become of him. And to think all of this came about due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Funny, yeah?
Back to top Go down
Ismael the Monk

Ismael the Monk

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 3:02 am

((Damn, Tynan. That was an intense chase. Too bad the mouse was scratched by the cage... =/

Also, any ideas on what we should do now? ))

Another battle of wits ensued. Two generals commanding an army of their most noble and willing subjects, fighting to the death for their cause. Only the strong willed and cunning can survive this duel of the glorious. Battle drums were not the only things being pounded, as many skulls were cracked open.

"Check!" Victor sneered.

Jessica looked at the chess board in slight frustration in the situation her King was in.

"What ever shall you do, Ms. Walker? Please don't be too hasty, I do enjoy when you squirm." A sly grin appeared on Victor's face.

At that moment, the phone started ringing. "Oh, bother. I wonder what that could be about? Ms Walker, if you please."

Jessica brought the phone over to Scarsworth which he picked up. "Speak." A pause. "Excellent. I'll see to it later."

Victor hung up the phone, a look of glee escaping his eyes.

"Sir? If I may ask, who was that?" Jessica questioned.

"That, my dear Ms. Walker, was the Chief of Police. He just reported to me that the rat in the audience of my speech today was captured. He wanted me to check up on him when he regains consciousness."

"He was injured, sir?"

"Only slightly. I have yet to see how, but the helicopter that was following him was said to have footage of the whole mouse hunt. Oh, how I can't wait to see my works result! Victor thought.

"Anyways, we have a game to finish, and another victory to give myself." Victor gloated.

"Sir, you would really like to go visit him, right? And that would mean ending this game right?" Jessica asked almost searching for permission.

"Well, to be quite honest. Yes. I am very antsy about seeing how my machines have done in the field. The thought of it just sends my brain synapses all aflame with ecstacy! So, make your move, Ms. Walker, or concede defeat."

"Checkmate." Jessica said, now holding her own grin on her face.

Victor was confused. A look of slight shock graced his face after he looked down and saw that his rook was taken out by her Queen, putting him in a position that was indeed inescapable.

"Well, Sir. You did say you wanted to leave right now. I hope this was a quick enough end to our game to satisfy you, Sir."

"Ahh, Ms. Walker. You surprise me yet again. Thank you. Now, you may retire to your room if you want, I give you the rest of the day off as a reward for beating me." Victor smiled. "You should know where I will be if you have anything to report to me."

"Yes, Sir. Thank You. I'm glad I ended it quickly Sir." Jessica gave a small smile to her master. "Have a good rest of the day, Sir."

The two left the room, leaving the chess table as it was, telling the tale of the great battle that took place.

What a great night I'm going to have. Jessica thought to herself.
Back to top Go down
EcroXineoph

EcroXineoph

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 8:47 am

The three runners dashed after the chopper as fast as they could, taking jumps that help risks they would ordinarily avoid. However, despite their best efforts, they were falling slowly behind.

The chopper finally began to slow and came to a hover over a rooftop a few blocks away. Robs voice crackled over the comm. "They've got him," he said in a low voice laced with defeat. "Call off the run and get yer asses back here quick. I'm sure they'll be fanning out to look for any other runners."

The three exchanged meaningful glances. Chris' brow furrowed. "We're not just leaving him behind. We're not gonna just let those bastards get him!"

Jen placed a hand on Chris' lower arm. "There's nothing we can do, Chris. We run in there, maybe take out one or two of them, beat up a few more as they take us down, but they do take us town, by fist or taser or bullet. Then we'd just be in the same situation as Nolan and we'd be no help to anyone."

"Our best play is to get back to Rob's. Regroup, replan," Rachel chimed in.

"I'm not leaving him behind!" Chris said, shaking off Jen's hand and beginning to dash toward the chopper.

"Dammit, Christy!" Jen called bounding after her and catching her just before she lept from the roof. She wrapped her arms around her lover and fell back, causing them both to tumble to the roof. Chris spun in Jen's arms, placing her hands on the concrete on either side of Jen's toned shoulders and pushing to try to free herself from the asian's grasp, but Jen held firmly. "Stop it. Chris! Stop!" Jen yelled to the thrashing form in her arms. "Running in there just gets you caught!" Chris finally stilled, several tears freeing themselves from her eyes and landing on Jen's chest. "Or killed," Jen whispered sadly in Chris' ear.

"We'll go back for him, Christy," Rach soothed, "promise."

"We better."

"We will," Jen released her grip and the two made their way to their feet.

"If you all are done?" Rob said impatiently.

"Shove off, Rob," Chris said bitterly as the group turned and made their way back to the safe-house. Their return was not a cheery one, and no hugs or congratulations were exchanged this time around.
Back to top Go down
Yobun

Yobun

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:53 pm

The repeative sound of the helicopter blades mangling the air, the gust machine-made gales, the intrusive hands that searched his pockets while another kept his arm from leaking more blood. Each little detail ran deep through Nolan's subconscious. The last image allowed to him was the shimmering building tops before a bag was placed over his head. It didn't matter that his vision was taken from him for the trip for the blues had dressed his arm in bandages. Of course they wanted him alive, if they didn't then they wouldn't have stopped his bleeding. But to what end? Whatever the reason, he knew he would learn his value to the authorities when he woke up.

Head spinning, vision blurry, sterile scent, cold atmosphere. Slowly he moved his head from side to side, testing his motions and trying to gain awareness. The first of many things he noticed were the four figures standing only a few meters what he believed to be a door and not doubt the way out. Next came an icy sensation shot up his arm from his wrist. The law's shiny, metal braclets were wrapped around both of his wrists, attached to side bars of the bed he was on. While on the subject of arms, another new feature was the fresh bandage wrapping over his wound. Though it still was painful, it was a calm throbbing pain, most likely thanks to the stitches that were applied there. Finally he noticed they had changed his clothes aside from discarding his jacket. Guess he went through minimal treatment to clean, disinfected, and sew up his wound.

After a few more minutes of lying diagonally, watching the guards exchange glances and shift position or check their weapons, he attempted to talk, maybe figure out exactly where he was. "Uh..." It was not beginning well. He couldn't speak properly yet but atleast caught the attention of the guards. "Wher-?" He spat out. Of course the four figures were probably ordered to avoid contacted with the fugitive. Understandable enough though he did wish for some feed back. He persisted for a short time until he could actually form sentences one again before decided that he had enough attempting something he didn't really want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.   Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mirror's Edge RP with Jisu and the guys.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next